Forms & Rules
Click on the contest to download rules and entry forms.
Come out to the Jackson County Youth Fair and enjoy the different contests we offer.
- Application must be mailed and postmarked by April 2, 2018, in order to assure receipt so the Jackson County Youth Fair Board may select a scholarship recipient at the April 2018 board meeting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please select which Pageant you would like to enter from the choices above. Remember all Pageant Contestants must reside within Jackson County to participate.
- Queens & Jr. Miss Pageant
- Mail Forms to: P.O. Box 457, Edna, Tx 77957
- Little Mr. & Miss Pageant
- Mail Forms to: P.O. Box 457, Edna, Tx 77957
- Members are nominated by 4-H Adult Leaders, FFA Teachers, and County Extension Agents. Individuals are expected to show great leadership skills and be an asset in the community. Ambassador’s serve a two year term and must have a livestock project to qualify for a nomination.
- Only non-professional participants may compete. Persons not receiving the majority of their income from the category entered.
- Contestants must sign in at the rodeo arena to receive a participation number in order to compete.
- The first participant who catches and brings a calf across the line will be awarded a belt buckle along with a $600 cash award upon showing appropriate expenditures for their 2017 Livestock Project. The second and third participant who catches and brings a calf across the line will likewise win a $400 and $200 cash award, respectively, upon showing expenditures for their 2017 Livestock Project. Good Luck!
- The Parade Chairman or representative will notify entrants of their line-up numbers the week of the parade. Line-up numbers are painted on the street surface. Please put your line-up number on the float so that it is visible to the judges.
- THROWING CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS FRO YOUR ENTRY IS PROHIBITED. PLEASE ABIDE BY THE RULE FOR YOUR SAFETY & THE SAFETY OF OTHERS.
- Jackson County Youth Fair Livestock Judging Contest
- The Jackson County Fair Association would like to take this opportunity to invite you and your Livestock Judging Teams to participate in the 66th Jackson County Youth Fair Livestock Judging Contest. The contest will be held on October 10th, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. at the Brackenridge Recreational Complex (284 Brackenridge Parkway, Edna Tx). To get to the BRC from Edna travel about 7 miles on Hwy 111 South. Registration will be at 8:30 a.m. at the Brackenridge Recreational Complex.
- Eligibility: Team must consist of bonafide members in good standing of a 4-H or FFA Chapter and be enrolled in school at the time of the contest. The contest will be divided into two divisions for the presentation of the belt buckles only.
- Senior Division – 14 years or older, as of the contest date
- Junior Division – 9 to 13 years of age, as of the contest date
Entries: Registration fees are $20.00 per team or $7.00 per individual. Please make checks payable to the Jackson County Youth Fair Association. A team consists of three or four members. The number of teams entered per chapter is unlimited. Please contact Kristan DeBord at Edna High School if you have any questions, (361) 782-5255 or email@example.com.
- Judging: Only the three highest scores will be used in computing the team scores. The low scoring member will be considered the alternate; this score will be used only in the event of a tie. Should a tying team consist of only three members; the tie will be broken by scores of a certain class, which will be announced before the contest begins. Eight minutes will be allowed for each class judged.
- Scantrons will be provided
- Classes: Six classes will be judged consisting of the following.
- Two classes of market steers
- Two classes of market swine
- Two classes of market sheep
- **Classes are subject to change after livestock entries are received**
- Interference: No one will be allowed in the judging area before the contest begins except Fair Officials and their helpers. Coaches and teachers will not be allowed to communicate with their teams during the contest. There shall be no talking among contestants during the judging. Any questions should be directed to the group leader. Disqualification of teams can result if these rules are violated.
- Awards: Recognition of winners and presentation of awards will take place as soon as the results are available. Announced results will be final. Belt buckles will be awarded to the top scoring Junior and top scoring Senior individual.
- For a very resonable cost, your business or organization will be able to “reach into the community” at this year’s fair. The fair gives you the opportunity to market your products or services to folks from all around Jackson and surrounding counties. Many groups find that they have more contact with the publoic during the fair than they do during the balance of the year. As usual, special promotions have been developed to help deliver fair-goers to the commercial and concession areas. Please consider this an open invitation to participate in this great event.
- Jackson County Youth Fair
- 2019 Mutton Bustin
- All Performances are at 8 p.m. at the Brackenridge Recreation Complex Main Event Center
• Thursday, October 10th
• Friday, October 11th
- This is an event to allow students the opportunity to participate in the county fair’s Livestock Show and to gain the experience of showing an animal in the show arena. Goats and lambs will be haltered and participants will receive assistance by exhibitors.
- Contestants are asked to register by Wednesday, October 6th, so that animals and fair exhibitors can be prepared. Appropriate attire such as shirt, jeans, and closed toe shoes must be worn by participants for safety.
- All participants will receive an award and be acknowledged.